If you are a franchisee, thinking of buying a franchise or would like advice on your existing franchise, then Parker Law QLD has the expertise and skills to help you. We can provide you practical and precise advice to provide you the best protection when selling, buying or operating a franchise.
When first becoming a franchisee, we can provide you structuring advice, collaboratively with your accountant, so that it is set up properly right from the start. This will avoid you having to potentially restructure in the future, which may have substantial transfer duty implications.
You choose the level of legal advice that you want, whether it be us reading the documentation and providing you verbal advice only or whether you prefer a written letter of advice. Either way, we will sign the required legal advice certificate and provide the advice in a timely manner.
We recommend you consider obtaining legal advice whenever you have concerns that your legal rights may have been violated or if you are unsure what your legal position may be in a situation, including:
- On renewing a franchise agreement, we can review the new document and explain to you the changes compared to your current franchise agreement
- Assist you with negotiating the terms of a new franchise agreement
- Advise on whether the Franchisor is in breach of your franchise agreement or the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Dispute resolution
- Breach notices issued under the franchise agreement
- Provide you advice on ending your franchise agreement early or how to end if there is no franchise term in the franchise agreement
Check out our free guide of essential things each franchisee should know about the obligations of a franchisor.